[free-sklyarov] Increasing awareness and pressure

Xcott Craver sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU
Wed Aug 29 13:12:22 PDT 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Edmund A. Hintz wrote:

> Ya know, when I was talking with some family about Dimitry, somebody
> suggested it sounded like a good 60 Minutes segment... Haven't had any
> time to do anything about it, anybody feel like trying to tackle it?

	That's *really* dangerous.  Those newsmag shows run two kinds of
	stories:  shocking scandalous threats to your children, and
	sappy celebrity life stories.  Sklyarov would have to be fit into
	the former mold, meaning he would be portrayed as an 3VIL HACK3R.

	Once, Dateline NBC had a story about a script kiddy who was
	defacing web sites.  When Dateline mentioned that he defaced a
	NATO web site, they showed footage of nuclear missiles launching,
	while telling people at home that this NATO web site contained
	"crucial links to other sites."

							=Scott