[free-sklyarov] How to fight DMCA and why the arrest of Sklyarov?

Jei jei at cc.hut.fi
Sat Dec 1 04:46:04 PST 2001

The article quoted below isn't on topic, but I think the opinion
and situation it describes can also be seen as explaining (at least
to me) why in the world Sklyarov is being harrassed and DMCA is
being enforced, as well as other civil liberties are being eliminated.

The thing is all about politics. MPAA and RIAA want the powers
to go after people for simple economical reasons, and they lobby
the FBI and politicians who decide to go after the people.

People need to form a political coalition showing that this
is bad karma for politicians and does not pay off for them.
Right now, the view is contrary, and politicians feel they
even benefit from stripping the people naked of their rights,
as long as the "terrorists" are caught, anything related is
allright in the political and policing arena.

This goes well with Adobe, MPAA and RIAA, and FBI is happy
to get more fame, work and money.

Well, the POLLS need to tell a different story, or civil rights
will be eliminated.

I suggest people set up web-pages to give politicians some
real figures and ask real questions, instead of letting Adobe,
MPAA and RIAA feed their fixed polls to the politicians telling
how it's OK to all eliminate civil rights and let the military
take-over to continue.

Essentially, all the big cases are about politics, and POLLS
are what decide their outcome in the US. Those who control the
polls that the politicians see, control the US.