[free-sklyarov] The next battle: Copy-protected CDs

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Thu Dec 20 00:27:56 PST 2001

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 06:04:11PM -0500, Richard M. Smith wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is technically possible to create ripper software
> that works-around the defective tracks on a protected CD?  Do we think
> such software will run into troubles with the DMCA?  Will Elcomsoft
> write such software? ;-)

such software already exists.

when the first crippled CDs hit the german market, computer magazines
immediatly ran articles explaining how to circumvent the various
"protection" schemes and which software to use.

good thing WE still have freedom of the press.

--
http://web.lemuria.org/pubkey.html
pub  1024D/D88D35A6 2001-11-14 Tom Vogt <tom at lemuria.org>