[free-sklyarov]Adobe Disinvestment Campaign

Bill Scannell bill at scannell.org
Wed Jul 18 11:10:38 PDT 2001

After an IP glitch is sorted out, http://www.boycottadobe.com will be live
on the web later today.  Please wait until the site is up and running before
posting the URL...I'll email the list as soon as it's live.  Together with
Paul Holman of the Shmoo Group, I've put together a site that will hopefully
make other companies think twice about using the DMCA to turn security
experts into felons.

The logo is meant to symbolise the Stalinist tactics used by Adobe against a
Russian citizen in the USA.

I believe it is important we keep the focus on Adobe, not the US government.
Corporate behavior is a lot easier to change quickly than US law.

-Bill

PS:  If you like the attached logo, send a note to dgross at mimetic.com and
tell him how cool it is.  Feel free to use the logo as part of any protests
or campaigns you may come up with.

Committing random acts of journalism and PR since 1987