[free-sklyarov]juridical procedures

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Wed Jul 18 12:30:51 PDT 2001

begin  The ASCII Floating Head of Seth David Schoen quotation:
> I'm still trying to find out where the District Court keeps
> prisoners: it seems that they have three different detention
> locations, depending on which location hearings are to be held.
> John Young said that Mr.  Sklyarov was being taken to Santa Clara
> County (i.e. San Jose), but the FBI agents told the press he was
> being taken to San Francisco.  San Francisco certainly makes more
> sense to me if the prosecutors who are trying to prosecute him are
> located here and the judge who issued the warrant is located here.

	However, many people use the name "San Francisco" to refer to
the whole San Francisco Bay Area.  It's like the way people from
Bellevue say they're from Seattle, or people from Iowa never mention
the city or town they're from.  It provides enough information that a
large number of people will get a feeling for the location.

--
You are not entitled to your opinions.

	01234567 <- The amazing* indent-o-meter!