[free-sklyarov] Newsflash! Sklyarov Denied Access To Russian Consul

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Thu Jul 19 01:11:18 PDT 2001

Bill Scannell writes:

> >   BS> I just got off the telephone with Vladimir Katalov.  Katalov
> >   BS> informs me that the Russian embassy has been denied access to
> >   BS> Dmitry Sklyarov, a flagrant violation of international law.
> >   BS> No Russian consular official has spoken to Sklyarov since his
> >   BS> detention earlier this week.
> >
> > Can this be confirmed with the US Attorney's office?
> >
> > ~Klepht
>
> Add that to the list of numbers to call.

Once particular things are confirmed, however, people should stop
calling the offices that confirmed them.  We don't need to have 7
people asking the U.S. Attorney the same question, or asking the
Consulate.

Apparently the EFF should be getting some detailed updated information
tomorrow, because some EFF staff members have gotten in touch with
Sklyarov's colleagues at ElcomSoft.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when I