[free-sklyarov] Hacker Arrest Stirs Protest

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Thu Jul 19 08:38:03 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 09:11:49AM -0600, Sonja V. Tideman wrote:
> Hello,
>   Would I actually qualify as a defendent in the lawsuit since my shares
> were bought after Adobe committed the action that spawned the lawsuit? (I
> have no idea about this)

Not a lawyer, this is not legal advice, etc.

In general, shareholders are not liable for the actions of a corporation
unless they are actively involved in directing its actions (e.g., corporate
officers).  As the holder of a small number of shares, you are at no risk
beyond the possible loss of the price you paid for those shares.