[free-sklyarov] Russian Consulate in SF

Bill Scannell bill at scannell.org
Thu Jul 19 11:24:31 PDT 2001

Hi there,

First, thanks for giving him a call.  I spoke to him this morning, too.  If
you were also able to get past his diplomatic double-talk, you would have
found out that:

A) No one other than US law enforcement has spoken to Sklyarov since his
arrest;
B) The Russians are in contact with Department of State, Immigration and FBI
to get access to him;
C) There was no outright refusal on the part of the US to allow access to
the Russian government, buy they certainly haven't been giving access;
D) Sklyarov has not been allowed phone contact with either his government,
family or employer since his arrest.

The Russians are working the situation diplomatically.  That does not mean
we non-diplomats can't put it in plain English.

-Bill

on 19.7.01 13:12, Anton Chterenlikht at a.chterenlikht at sheffield.ac.uk