[free-sklyarov] logistical stuff.

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Thu Jul 19 16:30:50 PDT 2001

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Paul Gowder wrote:
> If there's going to be a Seattle area protest, who that lives in
> Portland will be going?  I'll be in Portland on Monday anyway (though
> I absolutely have to, HAVE TO be back in Portland by Monday evening),
> can help organize a caravan, though I won't have a car there.
> Alternatively, does anyone want to hit the federal bldg in PDX?

I'm working to organize in Portland.  I think we can have a fair turnout.

> Has anyone contacted the National Lawyer's Guild for support?

No, but I have Alan's number here in my wallet... I'll give him a call.

> Also, is anyone in touch with the anti-globalization/wto/ftaa/imf
> crowd?

I'm closely involved with (or involved with people who are involved with)
the Indymedia core group, the Pacific Green Party (though I am not and
will not be a member), the CFA, and a certain "bike army".  All are
committed to social justice.  If I can convince them that this is
important, they'll come out.  (Hell, all I really have to say is that a
corporation asked the FBI to jail someone and they did.)

> Finally, for those who can't get to one of the protest cities, I
> suggest organizing protests at the federal buildings/fbi offices in
> major cities, especially DC (and NY if there isn't an adobe office
> there).
>
> Someone should also create a web site listing dates and protest
> locations, preferably on boycottadobe.com and the EFF site, that way
> those of us that are stirring up stuff nationwide will have a central
> protest page to point to.  What protests are planned so far?  I see
> San Jose, Denver, and Seattle reflected in the list messages I have.
> Someone also mentioned Boston, I really strongly think the FBI offices
> in DC should also be included...  Are they all/should they all be at
> the same time as San Jose (11-1pdt, which would be 12-2mdt, 1-3cdt,
> and 2-4edt)?

I'm shooting for 11-13 PDT on Monday.
J.
--