[free-sklyarov] List of Demands

Michael C. Smith maxomai at aracnet.com
Thu Jul 19 16:57:22 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 04:27:30PM -0700, Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> On 19 Jul 2001, Klepht wrote:
> > Uh... do we want to present a list of demands to Adobe on Monday?
> >
> > What would those demands be?
> >
> > Also, could someone with some tiny bit of understanding of criminal
> > law tell us if it's even possible for Adobe to do anything at this
> > point to "drop" their complaint?
>
> I honestly don't think anyone from Adobe will even officially acknowledge
> you.  Some cops might show up and that's about it.
>
> Please try and go into this as an awareness campaign and less like you
> think you're going to have demands met.

I concur. The purpose of a demonstration is to publicize your cause;
trying to intimidate Adobe into meeting your demands with a demonstration
is pointless. However, as awareness grows, they'll eventually realize
that they made a boneheaded move from a PR standpoint. Hopefully other
companies will learn from Adobe's mistake and not be so heavy handed
when they get egg on their faces.

> J.

Mike Smith