[free-sklyarov] List of Demands

Michael C. Smith maxomai at aracnet.com
Fri Jul 20 08:50:38 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 10:05:15PM -0700, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> The DMCA must be challenged in a court of law.  That's how our system
> works.  If Dmitry is immediately freed, we lose the opportunity for the
> challenge of the criminal portions of that law.
>
> Maybe you're just trusting Felten v. RIAA.

We also have an opportunity here to pressure Congress to change the law.

The key is to raise a big stink in the traditional media and to send
lots and lots of letters to our legislators. This issue doesn't even
touch the periphery of their conciousness. Legislators are some of
the LEAST wired people on the planet and they need to be made aware
by our screaming really loudly.

Mike Smith