[free-sklyarov] press conference in the uk

Anton Chterenlikht a.chterenlikht at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Jul 20 10:38:57 PDT 2001

Hi,

My name is Anton Cheterenlikht. I know Dmitry personaly for almost 10 years.
There is another guy in Cambridge who is a much better friend of Dmitry then me.

We have an idea to organise a press-conference here in the uk. The situation is
unique. I do not know of any other Dmitry's friends living outside Russia. We can
tell media some detailes which noone else (his collegues ex.) will give. We can tell
them:

1. We are very worried about our friend.
2. We are especially worried after we've seen his interview. He looks completelly
exasted.
3. We want to emphasise that we cannot undersatnd the need for him (even if he is
guilty) to be arrested.
4. Our main thesis: Dmitry should be released on bail.

5. We want to tell the UK media the controvercy of DMCA, potential danger of it
being used against the uk citizens and researches.

6. and so on

7. he is NO hacker

I really have no time to write now.

Please everyone who have any contacts wth UK media or something simila, who are in the uk and want to help  - write me we have to make a plan. At the
moment both of us are very busy with finding contacts bu twe have no idea at all. It can take days, maybe week without your help.

anton

I'll read your comments in 2 hours

---------------------------------------
Anton Chterenlikht