[free-sklyarov] Seattle Protest Details

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Fri Jul 20 12:21:43 PDT 2001

Gar!  Have I not sent this yet???

The protest is planned from Gasworks park to the Adobe campus on 34th
just before the Fremont bridge (does anyone know if this is the right
building?  Their address shows up as being just before the Aurora
bridge.  If anyone works in Fremont, maybe you could check for me at
lunch today :-)

It's looking like there might be close to 20 people at the protest,
judging from emails I've gotten so far.  That number may rise over the
weekend.

I called the Police this morning, the officer I spoke with said I might
need to get a street use permit(!), so to humor them I called up the
Seattle Transportation Street Use Section.  Hopefully they won't require
such a thing; the permit costs $64, with a $270 cleanup deposit, and you
have to be unsured for liability of at least $1,000,000.

 Seattle Transportation issues Street Use Permits for any activity that
 temporarily closes a street or sidewalk, exclusive of escorted
 processions, parades, or any event for which Police Department
 personnel are required.

Can anyone verify this for me?

Neale