[free-sklyarov] Adobe Will Talk! July 23 Sklyarov Protest on Hold

Keith A. Glass (home email) salgak at speakeasy.net
Fri Jul 20 13:04:14 PDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: free-sklyarov-admin at zork.net
[mailto:free-sklyarov-admin at zork.net]On Behalf Of Will Doherty
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 3:51 PM
To: free-sklyarov at zork.net
Subject: [free-sklyarov] Adobe Will Talk! July 23 Sklyarov Protest on
Hold

>Congratulations folks!

No congratulations until Dmitri is free and on a jet, in
the air, outside of US jurisdiction...

>The pressure we all have put on Adobe has resulted
>in an agreement to meet with representatives from
>the Electronic Frontier Foundation on this Monday
>morning, July 23.

That's nice.

>For that reason, EFF has decided to:

>PUT THE JULY 23 PROTEST ON HOLD

Methinks EFF doesn't want my Tax Refund. . .

>Please help us act in good faith and postpone the
>protest until we have a chance to negotiate with
>Adobe.

I'm sorry, but you DON'T cave in a situation like this,
if we're protesting with media coverage, that's all the
more leverage we have in negotiations.

**IF** Adobe had acted honorably, we could show good faith.
But **WE** haven't done anything wrong: ADOBE is the party
who needs to show good faith FIRST. . .

And remember, we need to keep the momentum building, because
getting Dmitri freed is just the FIRST part of this: getting
DMCA overturned is the full goal. . .