[free-sklyarov] Ashcroft leafletting - success!

Macki macki at 2600.com
Fri Jul 20 13:23:19 PDT 2001

Hi all, just got back from Verisign where John Ashcroft was speaking. I and another activist managed to park in the Verisign lot, and get badges with all of the other press people, but at the last minute they re-questioned us as to our intent and sniffed out our advocacy role (press only) and gave us the boot.

We hung out across the street until reporters started to file out, then we started handing out copies of the EFF's open letter to Ashcroft (http://www.eff.org/IP/DMCA/US_v_Sklyarov/20010720_letter_2_ashcroft.html). Once we got kicked off their property, we hung out on either side of the only driveway, handing them to reporters as they left. All in all, very successful.