[free-sklyarov] OT -- Problems with the Adobe eBook software

Richard M. Smith rms at privacyfoundation.org
Fri Jul 20 14:34:03 PDT 2001

Hi,

My first attempt today to download the Adobe eBook reader software at
Barnes & Noble failed with a 404 error (no such URL).  I had to go to
the Adobe site instead.  I can't think of a better way to loose
customers than making it impossible to get the software in the first
place.  OTOH, the MS reader downloaded just fine from B&N.

When reading over the end user license that came with the software I
found out it was for Acrobat Reader, a different software product, and
not the eBook reader.

Both of these problems makes one wonder who is minding the store.

Richard