[free-sklyarov] Rallies on Monday (fwd)

Len Sassaman rabbi at quickie.net
Fri Jul 20 19:05:22 PDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 19:00:05 -0700
From: Bob La Quey <robertl1 at home.com>
To: Len Sassaman <rabbi at quickie.net>
Subject: Re: [free-sklyarov] Rallies on Monday

Action is being planned in San Diego the site of the Open Source Convention
being put on by O'Reilly and Associates. Since several thousand prgrammers
from all parts of the Free/Open Source community will be in attendance we
will have a huge opportunity to turn out a crowd.

For those who might be intrested, I suggest that all those concerned with
this issue who are in San Diego by Sunday evening can meet at say:

8:00 PM in the Lobby
Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina
1380 Harbor Island Drive
San Diego, California 92101

This is really a natural place for old friends attending the
OSCON to meet first anyway. We just hold up a few "FREE DMITRY"
signs and then self-organize from there. If it is crowd then
we will find a place to take it. Hotels have plenty of places
for crowds.

I remains to be seen what official or unofficial stance O'Reilly
will take on this movment. ORA is quite competent to speak for
themselves so they will no doubt do so.

But there will be a rally and protest on Monday and all of
the attendees at the OSCON are welcomed to come and express
their views.