[free-sklyarov] Sklyarov Protest NOT on Hold

Kris kris at firstworld.net
Fri Jul 20 15:20:10 PDT 2001

At 02:30 PM 7/20/2001 -0700, Len Sassaman wrote:
 >Something to remember: The EFF did not initiate the protests. If I recall
 >correctly, that was, *cough* one of the boycottadobe.com folks.
 >
 >Surely Adobe can't expect the EFF to be able to cancel the protests.
 >
 >The EFF obviously can't be a part of them. I wholeheartly applaud the work
 >the EFF has done to get to the table with Adobe, and wish them the best of
 >luck on Monday.
 >
 >The EFF isn't "backing down" here. They should *not* kiss the oppurtunity
 >to meet with Adobe. Please understand this.
 >
 >Let's show our support for Dmitry in the streets. And when Adobe withdraws
 >their complaint, we'll take our rallies to the DOJ. And when Dmitry is
 >released, we'll all buy him a beer.
 >
 >Free Dmitry!

Right, the EFF did not initiate the protests and they can certainly refuse
to join them.  However, they can't stop them - the protests are going to
happen - unless by some miracle Abode completely caves to our demands
Monday morning.

I am asking the EFF refrain from claiming that the "Protests are on Hold" -
which is now the lead on their web site and change it to a more accurate,
"EFF temporarily withdrawing support from Abode protests".

Kris