[free-sklyarov] pleass don't protest on monday

Concerned Activist ConcernedActivist at peto.physics.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 20 21:41:41 PDT 2001

Please don't protest on monday.  I know that there are lots of people that
have probably taken off work and made arrangements already.  However,
our goal is to free Dimitri.  And I assure you we will be much
more able to help Dimitri if we coordinate our efforts.  United we stand
divide we fall.

Now, as for those of us who are hell bent on doing something on monday I
urge you not to protest.  However, let us take this opportunity to get
togeather and inform the general public of Dimitri Sklyarov's wrongful
conviction.  Let's make flyers and pass them out.  I assure you us
hackers, nerds, and slashdotters aren't the only ones who value our first
ammendment rights.  So let's inform the people of this great land about
the travesties that are being commited under the DMCA.  Call TV stations
and tell them that we are going to be out informing the public of
Dimitri's wrongful arrest.  Call radio shows and shock jockies (they love
their first ammendment rights.)  Write editorials to local papers.  Let's
coordinate and get this movement off the net and into people's cars and
living rooms.

If we work togeather we will free Dimitri Sklyarov.

-A Concerned Activist

"By silencing one man all of society is injured."
-John Stuart Mill