[free-sklyarov] Re: Rallies on Monday

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sat Jul 21 00:35:28 PDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, GeEk wrote:
> Just wondering (because maybe you don't live in the US). But why are
> you all gonna protest because some Russian got arrested for breaking
> the law??

1) He didn't break the law.  The company he works for might have broken
the law.  If this is a precedent for punishing employees for the crimes of
their employers, I know about fifteen thousand employees of Union Carbide
that should be looking over their shoulder right now.

2) The law that he is accused of breaking is not only unjust, but an
obvious tool of the corporate powers to destroy personal freedom in
exchange for massive profits and protections from the government of the
people.  They are using the public against itself and laughing all the way
to the bank.  The law needs to be addressed.

> Don't you have anything better to do with you're time???

I cannot imagine a better thing to do with my time than fighting corporate
tyrrany.

> I mean this ass hole fucked some Intern and then killed her... maybe
> I'm a little crazy here (which I have been told oftern that I am) but
> that seems a hell of a lot more important then some fucking Commie.

Well, there's the life of one intern and the freedom of one possible
murderer versus the freedom of an entire nation and their progeny.
I'll take the latter.  Any day of the week.

As for the "fucking Commie" comment:

1) Dmitry Sklyarov lives in a nation and works in a system that is just as
exploitative of labor as the one you and I live in.  As far as I know, he
supports that system with his personal convictions as well.  (Though,
you'd think someone as smart as that would see through its obvious
contradictions.)

2) If you're implying that the Soviets were really communist, you've got a
whole lot of reading to do.

Not a communist, but I know one when I see one.
J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net