[free-sklyarov] What about authors??

Andrew Lawrence ausage at ausage.com
Sat Jul 21 00:43:36 PDT 2001

I just sent a nice email to AAP to inform them that since they support the
arrest of Dimitry so strongly, I will extend my boycott of Abobe to their
members.

Then I had a thought, some publishers and some authors are very friendly to
open ebook publishing. I paid a visit to Baen (http://www.baen.com) who have
a nice "free" library as will a many ebook and noticed they don't support
Adobe's ebook reader.

I suggest an email / letter writing campaign to those publishers, and authors
if possible, who do use Adobe ebook format to say, "Hey, while Adobe and the
US gov't persecute Dimitry and try to take away fair use I won't buy any of
your books, paper or electronic, until you stop using Adobe eBook format".
The would certainly impact Adobe, and make the publishers aware of how much
people are upset by the DMCA.

Also I think it would be a great help if we could get some of
the well known authors to come out publicly on our side.

A few thoughts and my 2 cents.

--
Andrew Lawrence         <ausage at smoke-and-mirrors.net>
Smoke & Mirrors         http://www.smoke-and-mirrors.net