[free-sklyarov] Indymedia could be our friend

Michael D. Crawford crawford at goingware.com
Sat Jul 21 20:21:50 PDT 2001

You should know that a great deal of the organization of and independent
coverage of the protests at the G8 summit and other globalization conferences is
due to the work of the Independent Media Center:

http://www.indymedia.org/

You can publish news articles on indymedia's site here:

http://www.indymedia.org/publish.php3

Note that what you publish must be actual news, not comments.  Posts that don't
get approved are not actually removed, just placed in a "hidden" section, I
suppose like they got modded down.

I'd like to suggest someone write up some news about the DMCA and Dmitry and
submit it.  I dropped in the Chicago protest packet but I don't think that's
quite what they want to run, they want actual news articles.

Note that you can also submit media - sound files, images, and video.  So once
the protests happen, submit pictures.  Any speeches made, or newsworthy action
caught on camera or tape, submit it.

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford