[free-sklyarov] New York protest on Monday

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Sat Jul 21 23:21:32 PDT 2001

Begin Huy Vam quotation:
> I am really disappointed. I hoped Russians living in your capitalist
> hell can do something more drastic than just stupid "protest
> demonstation on Monday".

	I realize that it must be frustrating to sit on the other side
of the globe and watch your fellow countrymen persecuted by our unjust
laws.  However, right now we are fighting a war of public opinion, not
of conquest or revolution.

	Taking any sort of "drastic" action would turn people against
our cause, since they'd paint the whole movement as being petty and
desperate.  It wouldn't get Dmitry out of jail, or the law fixed, or
anything like that.

	Right now we need to make people realize that the DMCA is a
bad law, and that Dmitry is a nice person who should not be in jail.
If we can get enough people on our side, then we have a chance at
fighting it.  If we do something "drastic", we will turn people away.

--
"The only thing is certain: Russian petty computer hooligans are very
slovenly, while FBI agents are very persistent in hunting them." --Pravda