[free-sklyarov] Los Angeles fashionably late as usual! :-)

hackhawk freesk at hackhawk.net
Sun Jul 22 06:27:22 PDT 2001

Hello,

As is predictable, Los Angeles is fashionably late in organizing a
protest/rally.

To email the LA distribution list, please use the address
(freesklyarov at hackhawk.net).  I have no automated method for
adding/deleting members, so please email me at freesk at hackhawk.net to be
added/removed.

As the web site (http://www.hackhawk.net) states, our first order of
business is to decide on exactly what we're going to do on Monday (or
another day).  I've had suggestions to meet at the Federal Building in
Westwood, the LA Public Library in downtown LA, and the Irvine office of
Adobe Systems.

Ideally it would be nice to have the flexability of protesting the DMCA or
the DOJ with the easy ability to hit the Adobe office if unfavorable news
comes from the meeting between the EFF and Adobe Systems on Monday Morning.

Unfortunately I don't think we have the luxury of having an Adobe Office
right next to a Federal Office/Building.  I agree with one of the main
distribution posts that if we protest Adobe in front of a building that has
no Adobe office we will look a little foolish and the media will focus on
that aspect.  So let's please discuss what our main focus/priority should
be on Monday.

I'm going to be getting some rest and will be back online around noon PST
to continue the effort.

- hh