[free-sklyarov] Fact Sheet.

Will Doherty wild at eff.org
Sun Jul 22 09:08:30 PDT 2001

The EFF agenda, as I understand it in this situation,
is to:

1) Get Dmitry Sklarov out of jail since we
believe he has not committed any offense
that should keep him there.

2) Defend, or assist in the defense of anyone
prosecuted under provisions of the DMCA that
are interpreted to limit unfairly the free speech
protections guaranteed under the US Constitution
and the fair use protections traditional under
US copyright law.

3) Reform the DMCA so that it cannot be used to
prosecute people for expressing (including coding)
their free speech rights guaranteed under the US
Constitution and fair use rights traditional
under US copyright law.

Free Dmitry and Reform the DMCA,

Will Doherty
Online Activist / Media Relations
Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
Web http://www.eff.org

Electronic Frontier Foundation - Protecting rights in the digital age
-------