[free-sklyarov] Adobe; hitting them where it hurts. (fwd)

Pablos Kadrevis pablos at kadrevis.com
Sun Jul 22 12:22:30 PDT 2001

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Sunday, July 22, 2001 7:27 AM -0400
From: Chris <Chris at Dork.com>
To: "nicehair at boycottadobe.com" <nicehair at boycottadobe.com>
Subject: Adobe; hitting them where it hurts.

I work for ACM, and host the Siggraph computer graphics conference.
50,000+ computer graphics enthusiasts visit this convention every year.
Adobe puts up a very large pompous booth, it would be the most wonderous
thing to give a few shirts away on the floor of the con to raise awareness.
  It would completely disarm adobes purpose of being there, which is to
look good.  People in the graphics community would like to hear about this,
I have been telling as many people as I can, many of the people at this con
are programmers and TD's.  Send me a shirt and Ill wear it, it would be
great to have shirts for sale or free on the floor with a pamphlet to raise
awareness.  This is completely wrong and everyone agrees.  Please look into
this, tshirts could be made very cheaply, forget the café press thing,
hell, I am already boycotting café press.  As a screen printer myself, I
find what they do completely ridiculous.  Hopefully they have upped their
quality since they opened, because it was horrible.

Christopher Evans

Lead Animator

DigitaLife productions

Active Frame inc.