[free-sklyarov] An Alternative Line of Argumentation

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Sun Jul 22 13:45:32 PDT 2001

|Sometimes companies do not correctly estimate the best way to make money.
|I believe that by clearly arranging to make it easy for buyers of books to
|exercise the traditional rights of fair use, Adobe will make more money.
|Means of preventing mass distribution of works the copyright holder does
|not want distributed are already available, and so far as we can see,
|effective.  Napster is closed.  We need not accept that Adobe's interests
|require an end to fair use.  We might put some effort to presenting other
|strategems of commerce to Adobe.

i really dont think you can call the closing of nampster effective. sure
their number of users has dropped, but that doesnt mean that the people
are not still getting the copyrighted materials. napster went down and
many others poped up in its place. it's going to become a game of wack the
mole pretty soon.

john