[free-sklyarov] Time of Adobe/EFF meeting?

Seth Finkelstein sethf at sethf.com
Sun Jul 22 14:42:05 PDT 2001

	With regard to the conflict between the goals of
Free Dmitri/Overturn DMCA, I don't think we have reached a point
where there is much tension between them at all. That is, I
don't believe anyone is thinking so deviously as to reason that we
need a martyr and a test case, so sacrifice Dmitri's well-being
by having him be in jail so that The Cause has a rallying-point
to overturn the DMCA.

	There are sometimes tensions such as this. I've seen
them in less-extreme form. However, this specific issue is not
that sort of problem of martyrs.

	Rather, it is a question of optimal tactics.

--
Seth Finkelstein  Consulting Programmer  sethf at sethf.com  http://sethf.com
http://www10.nytimes.com/2001/07/19/technology/circuits/19HACK.html