[free-sklyarov] AAP/ACM

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Sun Jul 22 15:17:27 PDT 2001

At 6:48 PM -0700 7/22/01, Doug Lay wrote:
>I notice that the Association for Computing Machinery and the IEEE are also
>listed as AAP members.

One other thing... a lot of people on this list may be at the OSCON
in San Diego, where the ACM always has a booth. Be sure to go up to
them, bring up the Sklyarov case, point out that the ACM is a member
of an organization that is in favor of the imprisonment (lauds it in
fact), and that when your membership comes up for renewal, the
decision to renew or not renew will rest squarely with the answer to
the question "Does the ACM still belong to the AAP?"

| dredd at megacity.org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |
|  Derek J. Balling   | "To crush your enemies, see them        |
|                     |    driven before you, and to hear the   |
|                     |    lamentation of their women!"         |