[free-sklyarov] Press Coverage [Watchdog Programs?]

hackhawk freesk at hackhawk.net
Sun Jul 22 22:37:58 PDT 2001

>TechTV ran a 1/2 hour Defcon9 special on tonight's "Cyber Crime", with no
>mention of
>Dmitry (although they gave the Feds quite a bit of time).

Speaking of Press Coverage...  We all know how the media puts spins on
things and many times makes them appear to be something they are not.  Ever
read "Inventing Reality" by Michael Perenti? <- not sure of spelling (sorry).

I know there are some sites that list ALL the news postings about Dmitry
and the DMCA.  However, is there a central location where people can report
false news reports, or lack of coverage by particular news outlets?  If we
are aware of false claims we can at least send proper feedback to those
responsible.  I will be in the field during the day so I wouldn't be able
to manage such a task.

Not only do we need to stage successfull rallies, we also need to ensure
that the proper positive spin is placed on those rallies.

WARNING!  It will be very easy for the media to put a negative spin on the
rallies if there are ANY questionable activities taking place.  For
example, the LA protests against the Gulf War were completely invalidated
by the media.  It was extremely easy for the media to do this because of a
few people who poored blood and oil on the steps of the Federal Building (a
criminal act).  After that, future protests got almost NO
coverage.  Please, please, please be thoughtful and respectful.

Thanks
- hh