correction/audio Re: [free-sklyarov] Pronunciation of Dmitry's name.

Anatoly Vorobey mellon at pobox.com
Mon Jul 23 04:52:51 PDT 2001

You, Alex Fabrikant, were spotted writing this on Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 04:07:07AM -0700:
> I stuck up a couple of sound clips of the exact russian pronounciations at
> http://csua.berkeley.edu/~alexf/sklyarov/. See my comments on Nick's
> recommendations for simplified pronounciation below:

It might not be immediately obvious to Americans that "Dima" is a shorter,
informal version of "Dmitri" (like e.g. Dick/Richard). You might want,
perhaps, to change the second clip from "svobodu Dime" (freedom to Dima) into
"svobodu Dmitriyu" or "osvobodite Dmitriya" (free Dmitri)?

--
Anatoly Vorobey,
mellon at pobox.com http://pobox.com/~mellon/