[free-sklyarov] Boston protest a success!

Seth Finkelstein sethf at sethf.com
Mon Jul 23 12:18:59 PDT 2001

	I was there today. There was nice turnout, and I think some
bystanders became educated on the issue. Non-programmers have
definitely been hearing about the topic from the national media.

	Note: Why It's Important To Show Up - There was a reporter
from the _Boston Globe_ at the protest. If no-one had been there,
or almost no-one, he might have concluded there was no story here.
As it was, several people talked to him and there might be story
in that newspaper.

	Sign Of Effectiveness: Just before the protest, I went to
a studio to appear on TechTV discussing my own programming work
and how it related to the DMCA (see URL below). Even the cab driver
had heard of Dimitry story, via the NPR coverage.

--
Seth Finkelstein  Consulting Programmer  sethf at sethf.com  http://sethf.com
http://www10.nytimes.com/2001/07/19/technology/circuits/19HACK.html