[free-sklyarov] San Jose and then LA

Mark K. Bilbo mkbilbo at cdcla.com
Mon Jul 23 13:56:08 PDT 2001

Nice to hear about it being "energetic." Wish I could've made it up there!

The LA rally was small but surprising. Don't think we reached a dozen at any
one time but the interesting part was that about *half of the people who
showed up said they weren't even on the mailing lists. They stumbled over
news about the rallys and went looking for the LA one (kudos to Hackhawk for
getting the website up so quickly). Did get some press with a small IT
publication. Interviews, pictures, such. For something so last minute and
kind of thrown together, it went rather well I think.

Interesting random mix of the 40something office crowd and 20something new
kids on the block. Lots of traffic on Wilshire, rather surprising number of
"thumbs up" and honks of support.

Mark (back to the drudgery of the office now...)