[free-sklyarov] DC Protest

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Mon Jul 23 20:32:41 PDT 2001

Greetings,

The DC Rally went off as planned today. We had a small turnout, but we
didn't expect a crowd. Unfortunately my box was cracked Monday morning
and so our mailing list was down, which didn't help.

However, we did talk to several folks from the press and we are going
to hold an organizational meeting on Thursday evening to plan our next
step. We realize that this was the first shot in what could be a long
battle to free Dmitry, and what will definitely be a long war to end
the DMCA.

We'll be meeting at Q & 20th NW, outside the Dupont Metro station.
We'll be going for dinner and beer just down the street.

With the next phase of attack being possibly Mueller's confirmation
hearings, which are conveniently located here in DC, I hope we can
build a strong presence here in the nation's capital. I strongly
encourage everyone in the area to come and join us!

Pics are posted at http://www.killyourtv.com/990/dmca/

Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

             Free Dmitri ->  http://www.boycottadobe.com
      Washington, DC Protest http://www.lupercalia.net/adobe/