[free-sklyarov] Re: [Free-dmitry-dc] DC Protest

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Mon Jul 23 20:43:17 PDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 11:32:19PM -0400, David Merrill wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The DC Rally went off as planned today. We had a small turnout, but we
> didn't expect a crowd. Unfortunately my box was cracked Monday morning
> and so our mailing list was down, which didn't help.
>
> However, we did talk to several folks from the press and we are going
> to hold an organizational meeting on Thursday evening to plan our next
> step. We realize that this was the first shot in what could be a long
> battle to free Dmitry, and what will definitely be a long war to end
> the DMCA.
>
> We'll be meeting at Q & 20th NW, outside the Dupont Metro station.
> We'll be going for dinner and beer just down the street.

Um, big ommission here as several folks pointed out privately. The
time for this is 6:00 PM, which should be conveniently after work for
most folks.

Anyone who wants to come but can't make 6:00 should write me privately
for my cell so I can let you know where we are.

Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

             Free Dmitri ->  http://www.boycottadobe.com
      Washington, DC Protest http://www.lupercalia.net/adobe/

Although UNIX is more reliable, NT may become more reliable with time.
	--US Navy Fleet Introduction deputy director Ron Redman
	  explaining why the Navy uses NT