[free-sklyarov] Adobe dropping charges, US Pressing ahead

Klepht klepht at eleutheria.org
Mon Jul 23 22:58:34 PDT 2001

    JO> Channel 5 just reported that Adobe is going to DROP THE
    JO> CHARGES.

    JO> US is pressing ahead.

Can you back this part up? Is that an official policy by the DoJ/USA?

Declan has a couple of semi-depressing quotes in his "Release The
Russian" article, but they sound kind of cagey. Do we need to _wait_
for their decision process, or try and influence?

I dunno, I guess I just don't think the Feds are going to go over like
Adobe. We would probably need _bigger_ events for a Federal protest,
at least here in SF. We blew a big steam head today, and it's gonna be
hard to do that again in less than 2 weeks (guesstimate).

"What, Dmitry Sklyarov? AGAIN? I just went down to Adobe and freed him
last Monday."

Anyone know when Mueller's going up for his exams? By the time he
does, will he still be US Attorney?

Gar gar gar! Strategy is haaard!

~Klepht

klepht at eleutheria.org