[free-sklyarov] Robert Mueller

Bob La Quey robertl1 at home.com
Tue Jul 24 09:10:37 PDT 2001

Mark, normally I would be in complete agreement with you. Mueller seems
an obvious next point of attack. I brought the same thing up on the
us.slash.net#sklyarov IRC back when the list was dead. Then I started
to do a little background research.

There is a sudden complication. Mueller has just been diagnosed with
prostrate cancer. This makes him a very sympathetic character for old
men (like senators and congressmen). I know, I am 60, and have a brother
77 dieing from prostrate cancer. I assume you are much younger so such
a calculation would not be part of your routines, but believe me it
could well be part of a 50-70 year old senators. Mueller is prognosticated
to survive the cancer treatment, so this makes him a hero. Plus he may
get a delay in having his confirmation hearings, which could throw off
the timing.

The other place for us to look is the DOJ, which really holds the
Dmitry cards now. Where is an effective place there to apply pressure?

At 08:53 PM 7/23/01 -0700, you wrote:
>On Monday 23 July 2001 19:54, Izel Sulam wrote:
>> Mark K. Bilbo mark at blorch.org wrote:
>>
>> The next weakest link is Mueller.

[snip]

As is pointed out the FBI has serious problems. I am simply skeptical
of the value, in light of his other problems, of beating up too much
on Mueller. He could be a very effective and sympathetic witness for
the other side. After all getting support from people thru the media
is rarely about "Just the facts, Mam".

Bob La Quey