[free-sklyarov] Denver protest update (fwd)

Paul Walmsley shag-sklyarov at booyaka.com
Tue Jul 24 09:43:02 PDT 2001

About fifteen of us protested Dmitry's arrest and the DMCA in front of the
Byron G. White Federal Courthouse from noon to 2 PM today.  It was great
to see the turnout; many people had to drive over an hour to make it to
Denver.

Check out the great pictures posted by Samartha
<free-sklyarov-inbox at mtbwr.net> at
<http://www.mountainbitwarrior.com/RANTS/DMCA/010723/>

Highlights included:

- Randy's DMCA protest song (maybe we can get him to post the lyrics?);
- the _1500_ flyers that Bryan was able to duplicate;
- being informed that we needed a permit to take pictures of the building,
  and being informed that one could not take pictures of its entrance at
  all;
- the color copies of Dmitry's photo that Sonja ran off at Kinko's;
- the ROT-13 "secret decoder rings" that someone brought;
- Jason's "Free Dmitry" t-shirt;
- and the extra water that someone (Sonja?) brought.

must say, it was a blast.  apologies to everyone who was unintentionally
subjected to the execrable Japanese fast food we got afterwards ...

- Paul