[free-sklyarov] sales not security

Xcott Craver sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU
Tue Jul 24 11:16:06 PDT 2001

	Hi,

	To those of you who responded to Mr. Tony Underhill about
	his letter to boycottadobe.com, it appears that we changed
	his mind on the issue.  Thanks for being helpful, rather
	than mailbombing the poor guy with 500 "you suck!" messages.

	I quote from his letter to me:

===
Interesting. With the advent of the Internet so much has changed. I have
thought a lot about this and come to the understanding that this product
that sklyarov developed does have legitimate uses. You cannot hold companies
or invididuals accountable for misuse of their product.
===
	and
===
If a crime has been committed, get the people who are committing the
crimes not the ones supplying the tools.
===

							=S