[free-sklyarov] Interesting that NPR...

Tony Abou-Assaleh tabouass at math.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jul 24 12:08:37 PDT 2001

> webster academic
1ac-a-dem-ic \,ak-e-'dem-ik\ n
(1587)
1: a member of an institution of learning

Students are normally considered members of the institution and they
usually (always?) have representatives in the various committees. The term
'academic' is generally associated with anyone involved in higher
education.

TAA

Tony Abou-Assaleh
Graduate Student, Department of Computer Science
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L 3G1
Office:  DC2503
Phone:   (519) 888-4567 Ext. 3399
Email:   taa at acm.org