[free-sklyarov] Dmitry Sklarov case

Bob La Quey robertl1 at home.com
Tue Jul 24 16:59:17 PDT 2001

Dear Amnest International,

The EFF is doing its ineffectual best I suppose, nonetheless the
case of USA vs Dmitry Sklyarov is definitely one for you to look into.
Dmitry remains in jail as I write and very little else is known to
the general community about his whereabouts or welfare. This is a
classic example of hipocracy by the government of the USA and deserves
all of the resources that you can bring to bear.

These urls will get you started on background information:
http://www.planetebook.com/mainpage.asp?webpageid=170

NOTE to the free-sklyarov list:

It is time to get more creative. Dmitry remains in jail. We
need more effective pursuit of this fundamental problem then
we have seen thus far from the "leadership". Perhaps some of
you in NYC will avail yourself of the opportunity to hike over
to Amnesty International offices and begin a dialog with them.

National Office
Amnesty International USA
322 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10001
phone: (212) 807-8400
fax: (212) 627-1451

People in the DC area can contact AI at:

Legislative Office
Amnesty International USA
600 Pennsylvania Ave. SE, 5th Floor
Washington, DC 20003
phone: (202) 544-0200
fax: (202) 546-7142

Let's offer them computing support in exchange for AI taking on
Dmitry's case as a cause celebre. I know that AI is covering many
much more ghastly outrages but this is important as a mechanism
for bringing affluent professionals into their movement and will
help AI to further popularize their existing causes and bring them
a serious new resource, the free software community.

Forward,