[free-sklyarov] Reply from the AAP

Andrew Lawrence ausage at ausage.com
Tue Jul 24 18:51:25 PDT 2001

Subject: RE: Arrest of Dimitri Sklyarov
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:32:54 -0400
From: Amy Gwiazdowski <amyg at publishers.org>
To: "'Andrew Lawrence'" <ausage at smoke-and-mirrors.net>

Dear Mr. Lawrence:

AAP stands by its press release of July 22 supporting the anticircumvention
provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and commending the
Department of Justice for acting on its responsibility to enforce the DMCA
in the matter of Dmitry Sklyarov.

devices that circumvent, encryption and other technological measures that
protect copyright in the digital environment, AAP urges them to carefully
consider how their arguments would apply to precisely the same activities in
connection with encryption and other technological measures used to protect
privacy in that same environment.

Amy Gwiazdowski
AAP