[free-sklyarov] AAP and Cryptographic Attack

Jon O . jono at microshaft.org
Tue Jul 24 22:56:31 PDT 2001

Crpyto Attacks?

Send this back to them!

http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/releases/g00-176.htm

Researchers from 12 different countries worked on developing advanced encoding methods
during the global competition.

NIST invited the worldwide cryptographic community to "attack" the encryption formulas in
an effort to break the codes.

After narrowing the field down from 15 formulas to five, NIST invited cryptographers to
intensify their attacks on the finalists. The agency and the world cryptographic community also
evaluated the encoding formulas for factors such as security, speed and versatility.

The Rijndael developers are Belgian cryptographers Joan Daemen (pronounced Yo'-ahn
Dah'-mun) of Proton World International and Vincent Rijmen (pronounced Rye'-mun) of
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. Both are highly regarded experts within the international
cryptographic community.

http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/releases/g00-176.htm

More:
http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/~rijmen/rijndael/