[free-sklyarov] AAP test

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Wed Jul 25 02:01:06 PDT 2001

I just sent the following e-mail to that AAP lady. just to check
whether she's got anything that mentions Dmitry on "autorespond with
piss-off letter":

I read your press release about the imprisonment of that russian thief
guy. as someone who is a regular customer to several of your members, I
am a little disturbed about some of the issues.

specifically, don't you think the DMCA is the wrong law to try guys
like this? I mean, he's an outright THIEF. 5 years? for stealing the
life-work of an author? you must be kidding.

then, of course, some people say he didn't actually steal, he just told
others how it works. as I see it, he sold crowbars. well, if anyone
comes to my house with a crowbar, he's asking for a bullet, right?

so please make it clear that you are asking for AT LEAST the maximum
penalty. also, you should see to it that crowbars are made illegal. did
you know that they can still be legally sold? I mean, that's just like
that russian guy selling his software, right? it's EXACTLY the same
thing.