[free-sklyarov] Sklyarov

mark zawadzki zawadzki at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 03:57:32 PDT 2001

Consider the lowly claw hammer. An excellent tool. The vast majority of us use it for what it was intended - striking nails & removing them.

Many mystery books have been written in which the villian uses a claw hammer to illegally gain entry or to dispatch his victims.

 One does not arrest the writer or publisher or hammer manufacturer of when some poor delusional creature then uses a claw hammer to actually murder someone.

claw hammer = decryption software

mystery writer = Sklyarov

publisher/manufacturer = Sklyarov's employer, software distributor  " Elcomsoft "

striking nails & removing them = fair use of copyrighted works

gaining illegal entry = pirating copyrighted works

murder w/hammer = access to encrypted personal/corporate information

Mark Zawadzki
Eastern Pa. Director, Mid-Atlantic Chapter, Clan Cameron
If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
were standing on my shoulders.-- Hal Abelson
In computer science, we stand on each other's feet.
-- Brian K. Reed

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/