[free-sklyarov] AAP

Sonja V. Tideman sonjat at cs.unm.edu
Wed Jul 25 08:48:39 PDT 2001

Hello,
  I am sure veryone has seen this, but I found this too ironic to pass
up.  This is from the AAP's website:

Intellectual Freedom:
		American Publishers are
                 deeply involved in the increasingly difficult
                 fight to protect the basic right of free
                 expression, at home and abroad. The freedom
                 to read and the freedom to publish must be
                 defended wherever and whenever they are
                 challenged. Members of the AAP are actively
                 engaged in the defense of free expression
                 through the AAP Freedom to Read Committee and
                 the International Freedom to Publish
                 Committee.

Notice "freedom to read"..an act which Adobe considers illegal unless it
is done under specific circumstances...

Sonja