Dmitry has lawyers now? [Re: [free-sklyarov] Don't Judge an eBook Case By Its Coverage]

Alex Fabrikant alexf at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 25 13:34:08 PDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Jon O . wrote:
> It's too early to know what Sklyarov's legal fate will be. But
> anti-DMCA protesters may need to find a better case to convince the
> public that the law is misguided and should be rolled back.
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/bizwk/010725/u2uwdgj7_smmdbiz41ntqa.html

The article says, "His attorneys say he is innocent, and has been unfairly
targeted in an attempt to intimidate software programmers."

Do we know what "attorneys" this refers to? Thus far on this list, we've
only heard of a public defender (Rene Valladares) who represented him at
the bail/extradition hearings. Has he acquired more permanent/reliable
representation? Have EFF lawyers secured his consent to representation by
them?

--
-alexf