[free-sklyarov] RE: FYI:Not all Publishers agree with the APA.

Roger Sperberg rsperberg at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 13:39:41 PDT 2001

This excerpt only includes the first two and the last two paragraphs of the
statement.

Foster says many other things, including: "Some people think Adobe has to
pursue this type of action to reassure publishers their content is safe. But
what publishers need to know is that Adobe understands the technology and
its current limits, and the problems with its own software, and that it
understands what our customers -- that is, readers-- need and what the
immature e-book industry needs in order to grow."

And:

"We also recognize from our close experience working with electronic books,
that readers need and deserve greater leeway with the e-books they purchase
than the current limited DRM and security technology provides," Foster
stated.

Or just follow the link to the EPC page on this--
www.epccentral.org/dmca.html