[free-sklyarov] EFF to Meet Friday July 27 with US Attorney's Office

Chris Kotrla deke at fullnestaviary.com
Wed Jul 25 14:41:14 PDT 2001

The EFF isn't making top-down decisions.  They are negotiating on behalf of
Dmitry, and are using the protests as leverage.  They are not ordering
anyone to do anything.  The message says that the "EFF respectfully requests
that protesters hold off
protests."

We are all free to do what we want.  If the office of the US Attorney didn't
think the EFF had any sway, they might not agree to a meeting.  Personally,
I say protest the office during the meeting, and certainly protest outside
of Mueller's confirmation hearing.  The EFF can work with the US Attorney in
good faith all they want, and we can keep protesting.

-Chris