[free-sklyarov] Re: Portland

Sam Gray saint_sam at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 15:19:12 PDT 2001

> Any news outta Portland? Did the event there go off?
>
> ~Klepht

It did!  I just got back to my office about 45 minutes ago.  There were 9
of us hiking around downtown Portland, carrying signs, mumbling (we *are*
geeks, remember?), distributing pamphlets (500 in two hours) and explaining
to anyone who was interested.  We covered some of the same territory a few
times, and a few people made some comments as they saw us again, so I think
it sunk in for at least a few people.

It wasn't San Jose, but it was definitely still worth doing.  (=

I'll do a little cleanup and redesign on the materials we used and post
them to my website later.  Jeme brought a digital camera, so hopefully
he'll post something a little later.

=====
"They want the federal government controlling Social Security
 like it's some kind of federal program."
 - George W. Bush, St. Charles, Mo., Nov. 2, 2000